Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, June 4, 2012

Update!

I have been a bad blogger lately, I haven't posted in forever.....I've been trying to keep myself busy so I don't sit at home and think about when this baby will come or buy stuff for him. So, I'm going to try to give a brief run down of what has been going on lately!

All doctors appointments are still going good. Dr. E is very impressed with how good I'm feeling and my weight gain, so that makes me feel good. I've only recently (around 33-34 weeks) started feeling uncomfortable. My lower back really starts to hurt late in the day and I have trouble sleeping at night, but I figure if I've made it this far with absolutely no problems I can't really complain to much. I've started sleeping with a body pillow at night (Waldo is jealous of the pillow) and that has helped with being uncomfortable, but not really with the insomnia I'm experiencing now. Not sure if the insomnia comes from being anxious for sweet Dax's arrival or if its just a side effect of pregnancy....either way I dislike it. Other than that I feel great! We have started going to the doc every week now and I'll be checked each time. Dr. E last predicted (2 weeks ago, Week 34 for me) that Dax weighed about 6 - 6.5 lbs right now. I told him I weighted that when I was born and he told me Dax would not be that small!!! I'm still measuring a week early as well. This last visit he checked me and I was already 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced so things are moving along. Dr. E also said he could feel his head. I ask if he thought he'd make his arrival before his July 4th due date and Dr. E said he thought there was better than a 50% chance that he would arrive early. Which is fine by me, I'd love to get rid of this back pain, plus I can't wait to hold him!!! I think that catches us up on baby progress, we go back to the doc tomorrow so I'll have new news then. 

In the meantime we have been getting ready for Dax, I had my first shower in Tuscaloosa a few weeks ago. It was super cute, my girlfriends threw it for me. It had a whale theme.....everything was blue and green and oceany! It was a wonderful shower and Dax got a lot of wonderful things including his baby monitor! I can't wait to use everything. 




Next big event was our Babymoon!! Waldo and I went to Destin for a few days, for our last getaway before Dax arrives. It was a great few days, actually its the first time we have been to the beach by ourselves except for our honeymoon.....every other time we've gone some where we've had friends with us, so it was a nice time by ourselves. Waldo even dug out a big hole in the sand so I could lay on my belly! Unfortunately, Dax didn't really enjoy me laying like that and wiggled the whole time. I also forgot how hard it was to walk in the sand and 20 extra lbs was killing me, Waldo basically had to carry everything to and from the beach because I was doing good to get my self down and back! We also got to eat at my 2 favorite restaurants...Old Bay Steamers and The Red Bar and this prego ate A LOT!! We met up with Laura and Craig, my best friend from college and her husband, at the Red Bar.....they came baring gifts for Dax (so sweet) and it was good to catch up with them!!! Overall the beach trip was wonderful, the only bad thing was when I think Dax decided to flip....I'm not positive, but Waldo and me think this weekend is when he turned head down, there were a few times he felt like he was coming out my sides....I'm positive he sat sideways for a couple of days! Thank goodness he is head down now and that uncomfortable process is over. 




Next, I dragged Waldo to Birmingham for some maternity pictures! Actually he was a really good sport, he didn't complain at all. My sweet friend AJ took the pictures for us, she is super talented and I'm so thankful for her, she did an excellent job. I'm going to post a few below. After our photo shoot we went back to AJ's to cookout, her and her husband Brent just bought a new house so we got to see it and visit with their precious little one Jackson. It was a wonderful Saturday!! So thankful for such wonderful friends! 








Finally, we went to Hartselle this weekend for a shower given by Waldo's side of the family. It was a great weekend. We got to visit with everyone and Waldo finally got to spend sometime with his brother Andrew who he hasn't really got to visit with since January, which also means we got to see his precious baby girl Anniston!! I got to spend Saturday laying out at the pool with our cousins Cassie Beth and Marietta....I even went down a water slide, which might be frowned upon when you are 35 weeks pregnant. Sunday we had the shower and it was wonderful! It was Alabama themed (of course), Waldo says my family is overboard Alabama, but so is his family, which is fine by me....Waldo tries not to be a bammer, but he really is! We loaded up at the shower and now have a closet full of clothes, can't wait to put Dax in them. Waldo thinks all the clothes are ridiculous!! We also got our diaper bag, a nap nanny, and a bouncy seat....all things we really needed!! My mom, dad, and Cara all came over for the shower as well....they bought Dax the cutest little rocking horse. It was a great weekend, the shower was beautiful and we are so blessed to have 2 wonderful families supporting us during this exciting time. I can't wait for both the Cardens and Cordells to meet Dax, can he please hurry up and get here!!! 









Think that catches us up, I'll try to do better....we go to the doc tomorrow so I'll post again ASAP! I feel like the boys need a little face time in this post as well, so here is a pic of each, poor guys their lives are about to change forever....they will still be my babies, we are just gonna add another one to the mix! 

No comments:

Post a Comment